An economical way to implement the program, this package includes
- Lesson Cards with all three levels of spelling words and rules
- Personal Spelling Cards to keep track of your student’s typical misspellings
- Zoo Cards that serve as a way to practice jingles or as rewards
- Phonetic Zoo Teacher’s Notes spiral-bound book* (PDF e-book also included)
- Spelling and the Brain video seminar (link to streaming video)
Click here to learn more about The Phonetic Zoo.
*You can purchase a replacement copy of the Phonetic Zoo Teacher’s Notes spiral-bound book here.
No audio CDs are included. Instead, a parent, tutor, or older sibling can give the spelling words to the student. (See instructions here.)
To implement this program without the audio CDs:
- Read through the introduction and instructions in the downloadable Teacher’s Notes.
- View the Spelling and the Brain video seminar.
- Choose which level you will begin with. Click here for the Spelling Placement Test.
- Click on the level you've chosen below and listen to the Spelling Audio Sample found there. It will give the entire introduction for that level, along with the test and corrections for Lesson 1.
- When you are ready to begin, have your student listen to this introduction and do the first lesson using the sample audio.
- For subsequent lessons, simply follow this model as you give the words and corrections to your child.
Specifications: Lesson Cards, Personal Cards, Teacher's Notes Spiral Book