This hardbound volume by Anna Ingham, C.M. contains over 300 pages describing the history of the program along with instructions to implement it in a classroom setting.
Includes the Sound City DVD!
The field-tested methods of The Blended Sound-Sight Program of Learning were developed by Anna Ingham and the countless teachers she has trained for nearly 70 years, including her nephew, Dr. James B. Webster, founder of the Structure and Style® method of teaching writing. Birthed in a one-room, multi-age, multi-ability schoolroom, this book shows how teachers can create an environment where students take ownership of their own education and progress individually, while celebrating accomplishments communally.
- Provides a solid sequential and incremental approach to language skill acquisition
- Embeds a wide variety of accepted pedagogical skills into every day instruction
- Provides frequent check points for comprehension and skill mastery
- Has enough flexibility to allow for various learning styles
- Can be easily adapted for students with learning challenges and/or language learners
- Now includes the Sound City DVD!
Specifications: 346 pages
Edition: Sixth Edition, 2004