Learning to communicate is one of the most essential skills for students of all ages. Teaching writing and learning to write are often difficult, confusing, and frustrating to both students and their teachers. IEW can fix that!
For more than twenty-five years, IEW has offered an effective method that teaches students of all aptitudes and abilities to write and molds them into confident and competent communicators and thinkers.
Do you want to see for yourself?
IEW offers three weeks of free, completely digital language arts instruction that will energize your students and change their opinion about writing.
- Structure and Style for Students is our video-based writing program. We offer the first three lessons for grades 3–12 (Level A: Grades 3–5, Level B: Grades 6–8, Level C: Grades 9–12).
Level A can also be used for students with learning differences.
- Structure and Style Overview Video
Andrew Pudewa introduces you to the Teaching Writing: Structure and Style method of teaching writing.
Briefly covering the nine units of structure and introducing several stylistic techniques, Andrew offers insight into why this method is so effective in teaching even the most reluctant writer.
- Fix It! Grammar is our award-winning grammar program for students in grades 3–12.
- We offer the first three weeks of lessons at three different levels.
- Both Fix It! Grammar and Structure and Style for Students present vocabulary words embedded within the assignments.
- In Structure and Style for Students and in Fix It! Grammar, students are presented with vocabulary words each week. Students can write the definitions to those words in their notebooks.
- As many as eight vocabulary words are taught each week.