My four rowdy boys have thrived with IEW's products. When my youngest began speech therapy, I purchased Linguistic Development through Poetry Memorization to use at home, and with each new piece of memory work we saw wonderful progress. While wrestling alongside my dyslexic son to figure out how to approach spelling, we heard Mr. Pudewa’s lecture on "Spelling and the Brain." His talk gave us new starting points to consider, and we ended up using the Phonetic Zoo spelling program, making great gains! Three of my boys have now learned to write with Structure and Style, and every year they look forward to opening a new book of history-based writing lessons. As a homeschooling mother, I appreciate that IEW provides materials and equipping opportunities for parents. IEW’s many podcasts, lectures, and articles have greatly enriched me as a teacher and as the lead learner in my home.
- IEW.com/free-spelling – Learn how to spell with an auditory, mastery approach that works! This link gives free access to the talk Spelling and the Brain, the first lesson of The Phonetic Zoo Spelling course (Levels A, B, and C), and The Phonetic Zoo Teacher’s Notes e-book PDF.
- IEW.com/free-pal – Teach language arts to primary grade children (grades K–2) using the Blended Sight and Sound method. Get a free sample of Printing with Letter Stories to try on your own!
- IEW.com/theme-based – Find out more about IEW's theme-based writing books.
- IEW.com/magalog – View or download a digital copy of IEW's magazine catalog.
- IEW.com/podcast – Listen to IEW's weekly podcast, The Arts of Language.
- Sign up to receive IEW's monthly newsletter and blogs.