I am excited for you to explore the variety of materials Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) offers. We have had tremendous success using IEW in our home. As a homeschool mom, writing was an area that I felt needed the most improvement, for myself, as the teacher on how to teach writing, but also for my children who are learning the mechanics of writing and more importantly how to write.
IEW’s approach to writing is nothing like I have seen before, and honestly I was a little intimidated with the method while researching, but one month into All Things Fun and Fascinating with my daughter, who is in third grade, I knew the unique method and strategically outlined material (for teachers and students) was going to be worth our while. IEW is a curriculum we will continue to use throughout our homeschool journey.
Below are a variety of resources that I have found helpful from the IEW podcast, YouTube Videos, articles, and curricula that I recommend and my kids are enjoying from IEW.
- IEW.com/free-spelling – Learn how to spell with an auditory, mastery approach that works! This link gives free access to the talk Spelling and the Brain, the first lesson of The Phonetic Zoo Spelling course (Levels A, B, and C), and The Phonetic Zoo Teacher’s Notes e-book PDF.
- IEW.com/free-pal – Teach language arts to primary grade children (grades K–2) using the Blended Sight and Sound method. Get a free sample of Printing with Letter Stories to try on your own!
- IEW.com/theme-based – Find out more about IEW's theme-based writing books.
- IEW.com/magalog – View or download a digital copy of IEW's magazine catalog.
- IEW.com/podcast – Listen to IEW's weekly podcast, The Arts of Language.
- Sign up to receive IEW's monthly newsletter and blogs.