When I reflect back on our journey as homeschoolers; I can trace back several missteps and triumphs along the way. One of the biggest successes in our homeschooling adventures so far, has been the integration of IEW’s Structure and Style for Students writing program.
Throughout the years, I explored IEW from the distance. It wasn’t until some tears and frequent frustrations from my oldest, that we decided to take the deep dive. The remarkable difference that I witnessed in such a short time really needs to be experienced to be believed. Having first hand knowledge of teaching kiddos with learning disabilities which also happened to be twice exceptional and Autistic, has me view IEW offerings through different lenses. By far our favorite program is SSS, however there’s several others we love to recommend; such as Fix It Grammar. You’ll find a list of our favorite offerings below.
I truly enjoy the atmosphere of continue education that IEW creates, with teacher support and lessons that are easily accessible for your professional development.
One of my personal favorite webinars that I recently enjoyed has been Spelling and the Brain. This lecture with Andrew Pudewa, really solidify my understanding and studies of child development as a Registered Nurse and mom to a child with dyslexia. Being able to hear via his expertise, the different layers I had not considered, opened new doors in my approach and delivery.
Truly overjoyed to share our love for IEW approach and methods that have dramatically crafted our continued success story.
- IEW.com/free-spelling – Learn how to spell with an auditory, mastery approach that works! This link gives free access to the talk Spelling and the Brain, the first lesson of The Phonetic Zoo Spelling course (Levels A, B, and C), and The Phonetic Zoo Teacher’s Notes e-book PDF.
- IEW.com/free-pal – Teach language arts to primary grade children (grades K–2) using the Blended Sight and Sound method. Get a free sample of Printing with Letter Stories to try on your own!
- IEW.com/theme-based – Find out more about IEW's theme-based writing books.
- IEW.com/magalog – View or download a digital copy of IEW's magazine catalog.
- IEW.com/podcast – Listen to IEW's weekly podcast, The Arts of Language.
- Sign up to receive IEW's monthly newsletter and blogs.